Doberman Rescue Minnesota Volunteer Application
Join the team! Doberman Rescue Minnesota is always looking for dedicated, dog loving individuals who are willing to volunteer their time to helping out Dobermans in need. Our goal is to find loving forever homes for these Dobermans, provide public education, and to promote responsible pet ownership. As an all-volunteer rescue, there are always opportunities to help out with transporting dogs, events, fundraising, and more! If you are interested in volunteering, please complete our volunteer application below.
Some of the areas we need volunteers for are:
- Fundraising – As a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, DRM relies solely on donations to support the veterinary care, food and supplies that are needed for the Dobermans we care for. Help with various fundraising efforts is always needed.
- Transporting – There are times a surrendered dog may be far away. We need help with picking up and delivering dogs to the vet and new foster homes, as well as bringing them to and from adoption events.
- Home Visits – It is our goal to place the right dog in the right home. A potential adopter must complete and pass a Home Visit before adopting. As a volunteer, you would visit with potential adopters and complete the home evaluation. Training on the DRM Home Visit process is provided to you.
- Fosters – DRM can only help dogs that we have foster homes for. If you’ve ever thought about fostering or want to know more about it, check out our Fostering FAQs for more info.
- Events – Want to hang out with some amazing dogs and talk Doberman? DRM attends and hosts events around the Twin Cities and surrounding area throughout the year. Volunteers are needed to help set up our booth, transport foster dogs to these events, handle dogs at the event, and be available to answer questions about DRM. Be sure to check out our upcoming events schedule!